Pairing your new keyboard with your iPad is easy to do and here’s how.
So, you bought a new Bluetooth keyboard and want to use it with your iPad. For those who do a lot of typing on their iPad, an external keyboard can be more efficient than the onscreen keyboard.
Pair a Bluetooth keyboard with your iPad
1) Make sure that Bluetooth is enabled on your iPad. Go to Settings, select Bluetooth, and check that the slider is green. Alternatively, you can do this from Control Center by opening it and tapping the Bluetooth button.
2) Follow the instructions you received with your keyboard to put it into pairing mode.
3) After a moment, you should see the keyboard displayed under Other Devices on your iPad. Tap it.
4) When the pop-up window displays showing you the Bluetooth Pairing Request, enter the code on your keyboard.
5) The new keyboard should then automatically display under My Devices and show as Connected.
That’s it! You should now be able to use your new Bluetooth keyboard with your iPad. The device should also remain in the list of My Devices in your Settings. So, if you turn off the keyboard and then turn it on the next day, it should be ready to use again.