There are a few reasons why you would want to factory reset your Apple device. You might be trying to sell your device, your phone is acting up and you want to clear all the data, you bought a device and want to clear all the previous information, or maybe you just want a fresh start. Without searching through the Google results of "how to factory reset an apple device" here is a quick "how-to-guide" on factory resetting apple devices:
1. Go to your "Settings", this can be found in the gear icon on your device
2. Under the "Settings" tab go to the "General" tab:
3. Scroll down the menu to the last tab which is labeled "Reset."
4. Select the "Erase All Content and Settings" tab, this will bring you to the point of no return.
5. You are now at the final step, the point of no return. Make sure you really want to proceed because once you factory reset an Apple device, there is no turning back.
After following these steps your device will turn off and an apple logo will appear on the screen and eventually a loading bar. This is where your device will self destruct in five seconds just like in the Mission Impossible movies...Just kidding, the process is complete! When your device boots back up, it will begin on the setup menu. This is exactly where the next person to use your device will start to make it their own.