Whether you want to show off your beautiful wallpaper, or simply want your set up to look different from the millions of other iPhones out there, one of the best way to do that is to add blank icons to your Home screen.
These invisible icons will allow you to create empty spaces on your Home screen to either let the wallpaper shine, or to arrange your app icons in a very specific way.
This tutorial will show you how to create blank transparent icons on your iPhone, no jailbreak or hack required.
1) Tap and hold on an icon on your Home screen to enter wiggle mode, as if you wanted to delete or move an app icon around. Once in wiggle mode, swipe left until you reach the far right Home screen page, which should be completely empty of icons, except for the Dock. Take a screenshot of that empty page.
2) On your iPhone, go to http://iempty.tooliphone.net using the default Safari browser.
3) Select the Create BLANK icons option.
4) Tap Add, the Choose File. Find the screenshot you took in step 1, and upload it. This process allows the website to create seemingly transparent icons, which in reality are pieces of your wallpapers used as icons. Because these icons are identical to specific areas of your wallpaper, they give the impression of transparency.
5) Once your screenshot has been uploaded, scroll down a bit, and look for the Customizationsection. You will see a grid of icon and your wallpaper in the background. This is where the tedious work begins. For each icon that you want to leave blank on your Home screen, you will have to select one of the generated blank icons, and add it as a bookmark to your Home screen. For example, start with the 1×1 icon by tapping on it. Then tap the Share icon at the bottom of your screen, and select Add to Home Screen. The blank icon will be added to your Home screen.
6) Repeat the process for all icons you want to make transparent on your Home screen.
7) When done, you can rearrange your app icons in a way that fits whatever you want to accomplish.
The downside is that if you change your wallpaper, and want to preserve empty spaces on your Home screen, you will have to go through the process again. Another downside is that accidentally tapping any of the blank icons will launch Safari. This is not a dealbreaker by any mean, but this is still something to keep in mind.