Hide My Email will let you use a "dummy" email address without giving away your real email address.
Have you ever looked at your mailbox and ever wondered why it is full of emails from websites you no longer visit or have ever used? If yes, bother not, as you are not alone to have experienced this classic email spamming. That leads us to another question, what’s the better way to deal with email spam so that you never fall prey to phishing? Well, it turns out Apple has got the answer to this problem with a new feature in iOS 15 called Hide My Email. Read on to learn what is Hide My Email and how to use it in iOS 15 on iPhone and iPad.
Create Hide My Email Address in iOS 15 on iPhone and iPad
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Now, tap on your profile avatar at the top.
- Next, select iCloud.
- Then, choose the “Hide My Email” option.
- Next up, tap on the “Create new address” button.
- Now, tap Continue.
- Next, label your address. The label will help you remember what app you used this email address for. Besides, you also have the option to add a note so you will be able to remember how you use this email address.
- Finally, you will get a confirmation saying, “All Set. Your unique, random address has been created.” Tap on “Done” to finish.
Check the List of Apps That Use Hide My Email Address
iOS 15 allows you to keep track of all the apps that you signed up for using the unique Hide My Email address. Follow the steps below:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad, and go to profile photo -> iCloud -> Hide My Email.
- Next up, you will see the list of all the apps and websites that use the Hide My Email address. You can tap on a specific entry to check the email address that it uses to contact you.
Turn Off Forwarding from a Hide My Email Address in iOS 15
If you ever want to stop receiving emails from an app or web service, you can disable forwarding from a Hide My Email address. Here is how the process works:
- First, navigate to Settings -> profile picture -> iCloud -> Hide My Email on your iOS 15 device.
- Up next, select the app or website you no longer want to receive emails from.
- Next, turn off the switch next to the “Forward to” option. Then, tap on “Turn off” in the pop-up window to confirm your action.
Change Hide My Email Forwarding Address on iPhone and iPad
iOS 15 also offers you the flexibility to change your Hide My Email forwarding address on your iPhone and iPad.
- On your iPhone or iPad, navigate to Settings -> profile picture -> iCloud -> Hide My Email.
- Up next, tap on the “Forward to” option.
- Now, select the email address where you want the emails to be forwarded.
Stop Apps from Using Your Apple ID on iPhone and iPad
- On your iOS 15 or iPadOS 15 device, head to the Settings app.
- Now, tap your name and profile avatar.
- Next, tap Password & Security.
- Next up, tap on “Apps using Apple ID” located under the “Sign In With Apple” section.
- Up next, select the app that you no longer want to use your Apple ID.
- Then, tap “Stop using Apple ID” and confirm the action by tapping “Stop Using” in the pop-up window once again.
Buy used, save big
jemjem makes it safe and easy to save money buying gently used technology for home and family.