Here's how to move data from your old iPad to your new iPad.
If you've recently upgraded your iPad, you might be looking to transfer data from your old tablet to your new 9.7-inch iPad or iPad Pro. There are a few options available to you to get this done, whether you want to transfer data using iTunes, or wirelessly transferring everything through iCloud and Automatic Setup.
How to transfer your data to your new iPad using iTunes.
Just as you can with an iPhone, you can use iTunes to back up your old iPad, then restore that backup on your new iPad.
- Plug your old iPad into your Mac or PC.
- Open iTunes.
Click on the iPad icon.
- Click Back Up Now under Manually Back Up and Restore. Wait for the backup to complete.
- Disconnect your old iPad.
- Connect your new iPad to the same Mac or PC that you used to back up your old iPad.
Click the iPad icon in iTunes.
- Click Restore from this backup: if it's not already clicked.
Choose the backup you want to use.
How to transfer your data to your new iPad using iCloud
If you use iCloud to back up your iPad, your can transfer everything to your new iPad wirelessly. Before you do that, however, you'll want to trigger one last manual backup on your old iPad to make sure you get everything as up-to-date as possible on your new device.
- Open Settings on your old iPad.
- Tap the Apple ID banner.
- Tap iCloud Backup.
Tap Back Up Now.