Learn which devices appear in your Apple ID device list, how to see your device's details, and how to remove a device, if necessary.
1. Sign out of iCloud and the iTunes & App Store
- If you are using IOS 10.3 or later, tap Setting > [Your Name]
- Scroll down and tap Sign Out
- Enter your Apple ID password and tap Turn Off
2. Go back to Settings and tap General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. If you turned on Find My [device], you might need to enter your Apple ID and password
3. If asked for your device passcode or Restrictions passcode, enter it Then tap Erase [device].
How to turn off Find My [device]
Make sure that you turn off Find My [device] on your device before you return your device. Otherwise, your device is locked with your personal information on it. Just simply sign out of iCloud and then erase all contents and settings. By doing this, it will completely erase your information from the device, remove your Apple ID, and turn off Find My [device] feature.
How to remove your Apple ID from the device through iCloud
- Sign out of iCloud and the iTunes & App Store
- Go back to Settings and tap General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. If you turned on Find My [device], you might need to enter your Apple ID and password
- If you don’t see Find My iPhone on iCloud.com, your account just has access to iCloud web-only features. To gain access to other iCloud features, set up iCloud on your iOS device or Mac
- Click All Devices, then select the device
- Click ERASE [device], then enter your Apple ID password
Buy used, save big
jemjem makes it safe and easy to save money buying gently used technology for home and family.